Urban Array is a voluntary organization, open to all people able to use its services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, sexual orientation, racial, political or religious discrimination.
Inclusive Ownership is the idea of an organization being owned by all its members and stake holders in accordance with their contributions. All the members and the stakeholders exercise leadership over the functioning and the decision making of the organization through defined structures, institutions, procedures and mechanisms.
Urban Array implements the principles of Inclusive Ownership whereby all members of our cooperative, volunteers, professionals and labor, drive the organization. This body of dedicated Urban Array members initiate projects, undertake local and global initiatives.
1. The community as a whole, the professionals, volunteers and labor, drives Urban Array.
2. The membership of Urban Array deliberates and decides upon the general policy and specific strategies of the social enterprise.
3. Urban Array membership itself, as a whole or through governing procedures, structures and mechanism devised by them to ensure smooth functioning of the organization, initiates projects, undertakes initiatives, carries out necessary groundwork for the project or initiative, appoints teams and resources to the project or initiative and establishes channels of communications.
4. The general membership of Urban Array, as a whole or through governing procedures, structures and mechanism devised by them to ensure smooth functioning of the organization, is the premier decision making forum of PWR of WE. It takes and ratifies all decisions of PWR of WE.
5. Urban Array is owned, wholly and collectively, by members of the organization in line with their commitment, contribution and their level of engagement to Urban Array.
Responsible activity means that an organization undertakes ventures and activities that are in line with its commitment to society and to the environment.
Urban Array resolves to uphold its commitment to its social causes and for environment friendly policies and practices.
WE pledge to refrain from any activity or business that is detrimental to the good of society or the environment. The products and services that Urban Array shall offer shall be eco-friendly, recyclable and consumer friendly to the maximum possible degree. The entire operational cycle of Urban Array products and services, from raw materials to advertisement shall be driven by commitment to the good of society and the environment.
Democratic Governance principle of an entity being run in a democraticly open and transparent way.
The following principles are generally applied:
1. All positions are elected through a democratic and open platform.
2. All, or maximum possible, members of the entity have the right to elect and be elected.
3. The majority decisions of all institutions are binding upon the entire enterprise.
4. Democratically chosen initiatives will be the main driving force and purpose of Urban Array
5. No prejudice on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, sect, sex or political affiliation.
Urban Array shall be run, in a graduated and disciplined manner, under the principles of democratic governance. All members of Urban Array shall participate in the running and functioning of the enterprise through specific roles assigned to them according to their expertise, skills and level of engagement in Urban Array.
The organization has systems which oversee different aspects of the Urban Array. The institutions are elected in an open, transparent and democratic way and are open to all qualified members. Almost all decisions, from the lowest level project to the highest level policy guidance, are processed in a democratic fashion with the maximum input and participation of the whole membership.
Profitability is the ability of an organization or business to generate earnings.
Value Creation is the use of our organizations resource to create additional value in the world; for our stakeholders, our members and our community at large
Urban Array will remain profitable and market competitive through offering services and products that create value for Urban Array and our communities. WE shall ensure profitability and value creation through the following general policies:
1. Initiate micro financing programs in the community to create local jobs and a creative local economy.
2. Urban Array will invest in Green Capital funds to help start up local businesses with a commitment to the environment and community.
3. Urban Array aims to work as a business incubator for start ups and entrepreneurs in the local economy.
4. Our enterprise aims to focus on developing renewable and green energy solutions.
5. Urban Array shall pursue business ventures with a commitment to the social and environmental aspect of the economy and the community.
Organizational Transparency involves ensuring smooth and reliable flow of information about the policies, operations, financial status and major decisions of the organization to all its employees and the stake holders.
Urban Array shall uphold all the principles of organizational transparency.
1. All members of Urban Aray, either as a whole or through institutions defined by them, participate in the decision making of our community.
2. Major decisions of Urban Array are debatable in a public forum and voted on by members.
3. All projects and initiatives are undertaken by the members through elected institutions and all resources, human and financial, are allocated to the project/initiative by members.
4. The Social Enterprise arm of Urban Array shall abide by all rules devised by the competent authorities relevant to its operations.
5. All the transactions and financial status or Urban Array shall be periodically put to audit by competent entities and membership.
6. The general policy for both the social enterprise and community development elements is debated, devised and implemented by the membership of Urban Array.
Urban Array is a democratic organization controlled by our members—those who develop and buy the goods or use the services of the cooperative—who actively participate in setting policies and making decisions.
Urban Array is an autonomous, self-help organization controlled by its members. If Urban Array enters into agreements with other organizations or raises capital from external sources, it is done so based on terms that ensure democratic control by the members and maintains the cooperative’s autonomy.
While focusing on member needs, Urban Array works for the sustainable development of communities through policies and programs accepted by the members.
Urban Array provides education and training for members, elected representatives, managers and employees so they can contribute effectively to the development of our organization. Members also inform the general public about the nature, work and benefits of Urban Array.
Members contribute equally to, and democratically control, the capital of the cooperative. This benefits members in proportion to their participation with Urban Array rather than on the capital invested.
Urban Array serves its members most effectively and strengthens the cooperative and social enterprise movements by working together through local, national, regional and international structures.
Urban Array Introduction
Get Involved !!
Where to find us